Thursday, November 21, 2013

simple grace (and handmade clay tags)


Three friends and I decided last year to do an Advent swap together. 
With a focus on simple handmade, or thrifted treasures.
I've been busy crafting, and thinking of sweet gifts to make for sweeter friends.


It's so easy to get caught in the trap of consumerism at this time of year.

As I type this, I realise that letting the smalls pour over the toy catalogues that were stuffed in my mailbox was probably sending the wrong message, and shifting the focus from the simple Christmas my heart desires.

As I roll out these clay shapes, I hope that Christmas for them will always focus on others.
That we remind them of the amazing Gift of grace we celebrate in this season, and that we labour more to bring this Gift to others - in our words, and our gifts, and with our lives.


Gifts don't need to be expensive to be thought-filled, and the simple grace that you impart to someone else is priceless.


xx


*these clay tags could be used to embellish your wrapped gifts, or Christmas decorations - the possibilities are endless. I used air dry clay from spotlight, and either a gloss sealer when they dry, or metallic gold paint for a pretty sparkle.

1 comment:

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!